This blog is a companion to culture coverage at EthicsDaily.com.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

More DVD Ads

Back on April 12 I blogged (bloge? blag?) about VW putting DVD ads inside the pages of Entertainment Weekly.

I just got a copy of World Ark magazine from Heifer, and inside was a promotional DVD. It contained three different versions (3 minutes, 14 minutes and 30 minutes) of their promotional video, packaged neatly in a cardboard cover.

I don't know what the price tag is on something like this, but I took it out and played it, just like I did with the VW DVD.

Heifer, of course, wants you to use the DVD to promote its mission: give the DVD to a friend, play it for a church group, etc.

I wonder how this strategy is working ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for some good "Blockbuster online" resources for our ratings and review websites and believe it or not, yours popped up when I searched for "Blockbuster online" sites. After reading your posts, I can see why Google led me to your site. Even though it's not what I am looking for, I'm glad I stopped long enough to read this post - thanks. Just thought you'd like to know.

Monday, November 21, 2005 11:07:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the internet – I have several review websites to help people determine what's good and what's bad on the net. I was just doing some research on the keyword blocckbuster.com for one of my sites and Google led me here. These posts aren’t really what I am looking for but I just spent some time reading them – interesting.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 12:35:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home