This blog is a companion to culture coverage at EthicsDaily.com.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

'Emily Rose' Looks Good

For those who especially like a chill on their flesh, be on the lookout for "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." It's due Sept. 9 from Sony Pictures. (You can visit the site and see the trailer here.)

The film is based on a true story about a 19-year-old woman deemed demon-possessed by the Catholic Church. The priest who attempt an exorcism was charged with negligence after her death. The movie deals with the lawyer's defense of the priest, as well as the story of Emily herself. Casting (Laura Linney and Tom Wilkinson, for example) looks terrific.

I believe the true story comes from the novel "The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel." The film, however, looks like it might be a good entry into the "religious horror" genre. We'll see ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you believe in God ,you would have to believe or acknowledge there is a devil,many things like this are more evident in places like India,Africa etc....just because here in the USA we have limited encounters with the demon possed does not mean there is no spiritual oppression or possesion,plus the war between good and evil is been around since the begining of time .

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:38:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had experiences that have left me wondering whether maybe Satan exists, which of course would mean that there is also a God. However, I am very skeptical because I think we are a complicated species and I believe what people assume is Devil possesion is nothing but severy mental problems that we are not able to fully understand. Then, again, I am not convinced about that either after the things I've seen!! :(

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:08:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen in person, another person act exactly like the girl in the movie "The exorcism of Emily Rose" It scared the hell out of me to the point that at that moment I swore "Satan must live"! I wonder, and if that is true, it seems Satan has a lot more power than God! :(

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home